Monday, April 19, 2010

I’M TOO SEXY FOR MY DIET….


Okay, hang in there guys, it’s been a minute for me. This is going to be short, sweet, and to the point.

-----

Somehow, she knew she had to get that manuscript finished before she left the office for the day. Between the radio blaring a popular song by Right Said Fred and her preoccupation with something in her diet other than the leafy greens she had not yet gotten used to, she couldn’t manage to give her entire attention to the task at hand—get the manuscript done. She had to get it done!

Okay. Simple. All she had to do was talk and her amanuensis would type everything out for her. She could do that, right? 

All she had was that one last chapter to finish up, and the manuscript would be finished and ready for a final edit. So, she began.

“An angel came in my dream that night. Her eyes sparkled like they contained thousands of tiny chocolate chips….”

Crap. Distracted…

”An angel came in my dream that night. Her eyes sparkled like they contained thousands of tiny stars. She told me that she had come to rescue me from the salad bowl….”

Not it either.

Her amanuensis began to show impatience with the annoying preoccupation with food, but she continued to type, backspace, and type again until she found that what she was hearing became rather odd.

”An angel came in my dream that night. Her eyes sparkled like they contained thousands of tiny stars. She told me that she had come to rescue me and that everything would be okay. And I’m too sexy for these greens, too sexy for these greens, corn, squash, and broccoliiiiiii….”

And with that, the dictator left the building to go find what she craved and missed most—something other than the filthy green diet she had placed herself on only a week before.

-------

Yes, it was corny, but it fits the mold. :)








Blogophilia 8.3 Topic: "I'm Too Sexy For My..... "

Bonus Points:

(Hard, 2pts): use the word 'amanuensis' in your blog
(Easy, 1pt): mention 3 vegetables 

Final date to post: April 27th, 2010 GMT midnight

Digg This

No comments: