Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 6: Every woman has the exact love life she wants



"She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing 'single' about a single mom." ~Mandy Hale

"Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroin, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true Superwoman. Wear your cape proudly." ~Mandy Hale

Pretty sure I mentioned it in one of the other days, but not every woman has the exact love life she wants. There is absolutely no part of me that believes a woman married to a man who beats her within an inch of her life on a daily basis wants to be there - wants that type of love. I use that just as an example. Sometimes we feel we get stuck in situations we don't necessarily want, simply because we haven't yet figured out how to get out of them. Just because we haven't figured it out, doesn't mean we want to be there. It may be our choice, but that's only because no one else has showed us there are other choices to pick from, or there are other choices, but there's nothing about them that sound worth the fear of the unknown - of change.

For me, being single is not the exact love life I want. But, then again, neither was the last relationship I was in, or the one before that, for that matter. Single life with children was no where near what I wanted for my life when I turned 18 and flew the coop. But, it's what I have for now. It is what it is, and it's my responsibility to make the best of what it is until something better comes along.


Day 6: Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”
The Single Woman's 30-Day Blog Challenge

No comments: